How do you know if you are entitled to claim for nervous shock? Is this you?
- The incident has affected you mentally and is it still affecting you months down the line
- You had to have time off work
- You are unable to cope with daily tasks
- You have had care and support from other family members
If you have to have suffered from a recognised psychiatric condition, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (‘PTSD’), depression, anxiety and adjustments disorders you will qualify.
YM Lawyers can arrange for an expert psychiatrist to diagnose any symptoms.
You cannot claim if you are just suffering from mere emotions.
We conduct most of our Clinical and Medical Negligence claims under ‘No Win, No Fee’ agreements, also known as Conditional Fee Agreements. Talk to us about our ‘No Win, No Fee’ arrangements to bring a compensation claim for nervous shock.
Our previous successful claims include:
- Non admission of a psychiatric patient to a gazetted mental health facility leading to suicide. Duty of care owed-compensation paid.
- Discharge of a mental health patient leading to suicide. Duty owed without admission. Out of court settlement.
Strict time limitations apply to these claims.